Friday, August 1, 2008

Poor Baby




Well we made our first emergency visit to the hospital yesterday. I'm surprised it took us this long with the way Devan chases after his two older siblings. And strangely it was for something that happened so quickly and randomly that it could have happened to anyone. We were on the front porch and I was spraying shaving cream onto the kids hands to use as "carwash soap" while we washed Devan's truck and he just came walking over to me to get some. He slammed his toes straight into the cement step.

It was awful. I've never heard a child scream like that. His whole foot swelled and I almost thought he'd been stung by a bee. After 30 minutes of nonstop screaming no matter what I did I decided it may be broken and we headed to the ER. Daddy came and we got an xray and THANKFULLY it is just sprained.

Now I just have to convince him not to walk on it. Lovely.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Poor little cutie! How is he? Hope he's feeling better soon!

Aunt Sheri