Well, in light of a lot of not-so-great news this week I think we'll be taking a long weekend to be together as a family. Nate took Friday afternoon and Monday off and we he'll get to help me with lots of fun things (said with much sarcasm). With soccer every weekend for the past month I don't think we've really spent a lot of time just being. We've told the kids as much as they need to know right now and will let them think on it for a few days before making a family plan together. For those of you not in the loop, it's nothing terribly tragic, everyone is fine, we're just experiencing some technical difficulties in life right now.
So you'll notice I am typing this at 3:20am my time because of course I can't sleep when I am stressed. Isn't everyone stressed these days though? We had an interesting night last night because it was the day before payday and had no food in the house except the basics. But that's okay, mama can make a mean french toast! The kids were so excited, we ate in the family room and watched George of the Jungle in candlelight. They are really getting used to not using lights at night, and actually it's a nice change I think. We are in survival mode if you will, spending only what is absolutely needed.
And it makes us feel alive and free! We are relying totally on God to bring us through to the next step he has for us. With hope! "If your joy is attached to your circumstances, when the storm knocks them out, you'll be in the dark. But if your joy is internally generated from an unshakable relationship with your awesome, Sovereign Lord, then you have light that will be there when every other light fails."
Pictures to follow, it's Shea's First Play! He's Joseph and I can't wait to see him perform! (I made the costumes and can't wait to see how they turned out!)
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment