We have had a very rough few days. My grandma died Saturday and then today we found out that Nate's fab is closing down by January. Neither came as a huge shock to me, but for some reason I am struggling to cope with the stress. Please pray that Nate and I make good choices for our family in the coming days and weeks. I hope we can survive two layoffs in one year. I may have to start working again which brings about a lot of concerns on how to accomplish that while successfully raising the kids. I know God has a plan for us but the human side of me can't yet see past the frustration and fear.
Enough of that, onto some pictures! With gas being down to under $3 a gallon here we took the opportunity to do a road trip to the Shenandoah National Park to see the fall colors. The drive and foliage were for Nate and I to enjoy, the kids were rewarded at the end with a trip to Carter Mountain Apple Orchard in Charlottesville on the way home. We packed a picnic, walked down a trail to see waterfalls, picked apples and just generally enjoyed the weather and our time together.
If there is one thing I can say to others from personal experience, it would be to enjoy each day to the fullest. Even when you're experiencing hard times, it is still okay to find joy in the blessings God gives us. Here are some pictures of my little blessings and all the joy they bring me!
Kids birthday party
16 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment