Thursday, November 20, 2008

Engage

Bye bye, Virginia. It's been swell. We've loved the beach, the trees, the school, the people, the friends, the scenery, the house, the backyard, the bugs, the pumpkins, the apple orchard, the butterflies, the trees and oh yes, did I mention the trees?

My favorite moment here was that picture above. A simple day we took time to be together as a family, to just BE, to focus on God's wonderful beauty and simple love. Ironically, that day was when we found out we'd have to leave Virginia behind. We knew even then it was over, and now it's official.

Maybe, just maybe, our next house can be a real home. I feel sad for my kids, I feel angry once again that things never seem to work our the way I want them to. But there is a saying that His ways are higher than mine and I have to remember it and believe it. This dream of having a house that we own and a place our kids can remember for the rest of their lives as "home" may never come to fruition. And I'll be okay with that......tomorrow.

For today I choose to be sad.

No comments: