Sunday, November 16, 2008

Interviews Round One

So Nate left this morning for Charlotte and then on over to Pittsburgh. His interview with Siemens is tomorrow and he will be home around midnight our time. Am I dumb for not wanting him to work for Siemens because I can't stand that word and don't want to tell people that is where he works? Yeah, ok, I'm dumb.

The kids took it well, me not so much. We spent a lot of time saying goodbye at airports in our early relationship and to be honest I HATE being alone at night. I skipped going to church because it seemed too daunting a task to get the three kids there and back by myself. We cleaned their toy closet instead and donated 4 bags of household things. That was very good!

And, on a positive note, he has had two phone screens in the last few days that are probably going to pan out to interviews. One is a plastics company in Ottawa, IL (check me waving to Deb & Harly!) and the other is a MEMs company (micro-electronic machines, I think) in Dallas (check me wiping sweat off my brow in the 100 degree heat AGAIN!)

God knows where He wants us. Now it's up to us to follow through on things and prepare ourselves for that next leg of the journey. I'm happy to be resting here today, just hanging out with the kids and cleaning my house. I can make it two days alone, right?

Dear God, please let the milk multiply overnight so I do not have to venture inside a grocery store with three children alone. Love, Me

No comments: