Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Praise and Prayer - UPDATED

UPDATE: Nate also has a phone interview tomorrow, Thursday, at 4pm Eastern time, with a LOCAL company. The timing was perfect because he will be here to watch the kids while I attend Shea's Parent Teacher Conference in the afternoon so he doesn't have to take off more time from work. As excited as I am at the possibility that we may get to stay here, I really want us to do what God wants for us and this throws a familiar wrench into our plans. We have collectively decided to NOT accept any internal offer with Qimonda because next time around (probably less than 6 months from now) we most likely will not get any severance or forgiveness package and will have to repay our moving expenses which totaled almost $16,000. Um, yeah, no can do. We do know that taking a job that involves a move will be so much harder on us in the short run, but truthfully we need to keep our eyes on the future road if we have any shot at building stability for the kids.

Can I just say that I hate this situation?



Nate has a solid interview for a fuel cell company around Pittsburg, PA on Monday 11/17 at 9am. This is VERY good news as two other interviews have yet to pan out as we had thought. And fuel cell development, while a risk, is new technology that could potentially allow us to live in the same place more than 18 months. Imagine that!

We know God knows our heart's desires and what is the absolute best for us. We are waiting expectantly to see where He will lead us. His plans are so much more than we can ever imagine, I can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks for thinking of us during this uncertain time.

1 comment:

debr said...

ugh--up and down and wait and pray..seems like you have done this before a disturbing number of times!! we keep peaying for a really clear path and for mercies along the way.