Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm Right Here

My sister Sheri is a missionary in Mozambique which is just one of the countries that people from Zimbabwe are fleeing to, hoping to escape cholera and receive treatment. I'd ask that you please join me in praying for this country, for its leaders and for the people going to help them.

Today has been rough, this week has been rough really. Nate is flying to Dallas as I type this for an interview tomorrow. It is quite literally almost our last hope for a job at this point which frightens me. I've never known fear like this before, even when facing death. At least in death I felt that my family would be taken care of and I, of course, would be taken care of. Now I am faced with a situation of trying to figure out how to make ends meet while facing the possibility of unemployment. I know I am not alone in this struggle, I think more people than we know are just at a loss as to how to feed, clothe and house their families right now. I'm afraid.

I was thinking about what I say to my kids when they are afraid or hurt, something I just repeat over and over trying to make them believe that everything will be alright. So tonight I imagine my heavenly father saying to me, "I'm Right Here, I'm Right Here". It won't change my circumstances. It won't make the bad things stop happening. It won't keep me from hurting or crying or being afraid.

But I know He is right here with me. He's with you too, in whatever you are facing in your life. He's with the people of Zimbabwe who are dying of cholera, praying to Him for clean water. He's with Sheri in her new land. He's with each of us, feeling our hurt and holding our tears in His hand.


I'm right here.

No comments: