We spent a lazy Christmas at home this year. The kids enjoyed their presents, a mixture of high tech gaming systems and wooden classics. So far everything is a hit and my house looks like a toy store which surprises me since I didn't really buy them that much. Maybe it's because there are three of them now? Anyway, our present to the kids this year was a family trip to the Baltimore MD Aquarium! I placed little tickets on the tree for them to find and they were very surprised. It was a great trip, wish I hadn't left my camera in the car! We took the after 5pm so it was CHEAP and it was a good thing because I would have regretted paying full price for what we saw. And, it was very busy. As the evening wore on though we were able to get our hands stamped and go across the harbor to eat at Chipotle which we all LOVE because it's CHEAP. When we returned to the aquarium we found it practically empty and the kids got to be in the kids center by themselves and learn from the guides one on one. She helped us hunt for a baby sloth in their rainforest display (we never found the little bugger), fed the archerfish a cricket so we could see how it spits water up to 18 inches at its prey and knocks it into the water (Shea cried at the loss of the cricket's life), and Devan could walk freely in his 2 year old way for the rest of the journey (read: S L O W L Y with lots of touching things)~!
We had a good time. We headed home in the dark and the kids slept the entire way home. It was supposed to be time for us to talk about our current situation and the choices we are facing, but someone who shall remain nameless kept falling asleep while I was talking. Thanks, Honey. <
I won't be posting much this week as it is a trial run at homeschooling Shea which means lots of homework for Mommy. But I'll leave you with my favorite memory of this Christmas. Too many Santa movies has left my baby thinking that our dogs are his "Waynedeer" and every morning he insists that they pull his sleigh while he shouts "Ho Ho Ho, Mewwy Twissmas!" He makes sure to stop at his sister's house and say to her "What you want fo Twissmas, Ninny?" and his brother's house to say to him "What you want fo Twissmas, Day?" I promise to keep trying to get it on video, it is so hilarious that we've got to capture it!


No comments:
Post a Comment