All things battery-controlled in my house have joined forces and rebelled against me, refusing to work. Cordless phone, cell phone, camera, smoke detector, several toys. They up and decided to require me to buy them new batteries at the same time. And because I've been desperately avoiding buying anything that isn't essential to that day's needs I have allowed them to die a slow and painful death.
I took pictures of family fun night but can't upload them because my camera refuses to hold a charge. Seriously, what is it with manufacturers? Do they intentionally make products stop charging after the 2 year mark, thus FORCING us to buy new? Or is it really a tag team effort between the product manufacturers and the battery companies? Even the rechargeable batteries I have for my camera are joining the protest!
It's a conspiracy I tell ya.
(And yes, for the record, I did buy 9v batteries for the smoke detector. I'm frugal but not THAT frugal!)
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


1 comment:
ughh-- seems like i spend half my life changing batteries. it is a consipracy!
Post a Comment