Just a poem I wrote after a very long day today. I hope it encourages all the moms out there to keep doing what God has called you to do!
A True Mother's Life
by Cathi Kruse
Today will be one of those days that I dread
As I stumble wearily out of my bed
My feet hit the floor, to the kitchen I go
A new day has started and nobody knows
How hard it is to be in this life
Striving to be a good mother and wife
I am the one who carries it all
Kisses their pain away after a fall
Feeds them and clothes them and brushes their hair
Teaches them how to rely on a prayer
Meeting their every need at their whim
Forgetting who I was before I had them
And each day I push through the sorrow and pain
Hoping that my sacrifice is their gain
I wash all their stuff and make all the beds
Praise them and hug them and pat their small heads
Day in and day out I wonder what’s next
Worrying about which of their needs goes unmet
I bathe them and tuck them in for a story
Praying each night, thanking God for His glory
As each little one drifts off to sleep
I fall to the floor on my knees and I weep
For my heart only sees how I’ve failed them that day
How I wish I would have done more, slaved away
Through the frustration and hurt, the agony and guilt
To create something more than this life that I’ve built
I cry out to God and ask Him to please
Carry me through the next day if He sees
Me fit to be given another new chance
To laugh and sing, hold them and dance
I can’t ever lose sight of my prize, of my goal
To continue my work until I am whole
And though I am weak and can’t do it alone
I long for that day when I sit near the throne
And hear my Lord say “Well done my, dear one,
You’ve done what I asked, what a race you have run!”
So once again as the sun starts to rise
To the floor go my feet, to the heavens my eyes
I’ll ask for the strength to keep going this day
Knowing well in my soul He’ll show me the way
That doesn’t mean things will get easier, I know
For that is the way a true Mother’s life goes
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


2 comments:
well you have summed up my day pretty well too--always that sense of knowing that i need to do better. alsways that sense that I haven't. Thanks for articulating it!
Sheesh, you gals are hard on yourselves! You're both great moms with great kids! Oh, and thanks for not having 8 or more each. It's just impossible to give that many the attention they need!
Post a Comment