I'm a list maker at heart. I have always made lists from as far back as I can remember. In fact, when we moved from Texas and purged a lot of our childhood things I found a list from 3rd grade! Having a written instruction book gives me great peace and comfort in my daily life. I will admit to having stacks of store-bought cute little magnet-backed lists for "packing for a trip", "weekly menu", "grocery list" and several more. And I will also admit that my best lists are made on random scraps of paper written in odd crayon pieces I've found at the bottom of my purse while desperately seeking solitude and control of my life at a nearby Starbucks on Wednesday afternoon.
It's Wednesday. This afternoon I will leave my kids happily playing with their daddy while I make my way over to the coffee shop to (secretly) sip my homemade brew in my reusable mug. I used to love Starbucks but now I don't drink their yummies because 1.they cost too much to justify while unemployed and 2.there's too much sugar and I'm STILL hanging on to my Atkins diet. But it's the familiarity and the feeling of "the good old days" that inspires me to relax and reorganize.
But today I feel uninspired. I have half lists made for "to do", "what to sell", and "things to get done before moving day". I've got semi-done lists of "website work needed". "questions to find answers to" and "inventory for the store".
Maybe today will have to just be unorganized.
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment