We are still alive! God has kept us safe on these insane roads and for that we are grateful. I will try to keep my post upbeat and positive, but also share some prayer requests that we have for this part of our journey.
Nate - work is going okay for him, though I think he's having a harder time settling in than other transitions in the past. The people here are not friendly and I think that has been a challenge for all of us. Please pray that he finds some people he can really connect with at work and that he will begin to feel comfortable with his process.
Me - I'm enjoying the weather here now that the humidity has fallen off, I think it's going to be a beautiful fall. There are lots of produce farms and tree farms so I look forward to getting out there sometime soon. Please pray that I can continue to make this temporary living situation bearable. We struggled a bit this weekend and I can feel the walls closing in on us! I know we are close to a solution but even 4 weeks seems far away.
Shea - he's now 100% into Transformers. I love that he is so devoted to something once he latches on to it! He's being a good sport about sharing his toys but I can tell that he's growing up and is wanting his own space. Please pray that we can somehow afford a place with more than 2 bedrooms - I fear that having three kids in one room will be more than what Shea can handle. Also, he's a bit nervous about school which is fast approaching. Pray that we can help him ease into that new situation.
Tenley - she's bored. Her excitement level for Kindergarten is off the charts! Please pray that she will really enjoy school and that she can hang on a few more weeks with boring old mom.
Devan - he really is 2 right now and in his mind he is 14. I am challenged by this but I know it is a phase so the prayer is more for me not him! He's given up the potty chair right now and I know he's just reacting to the move, but oh how I wish that wasn't a side effect! We're working on it. He's full of energy and oh so loud which is making it hard to live in an environment that requires quiet most of the time.
Pets - Kira is being treated for a bladder infection. Duke has an eye infection. We are having to consider giving them all up just so we can find a house. This is a terrible choice and we are hanging on as long as we can to our pets! Please pray that a place will open up that will accept ALL of our family.
We still feel very confused as to our purpose here, we're not quite sure what we are doing. It feels very lonely and scary here and we're trying to stay focused on the blessings of the job and not on the chaos surrounding it. The company has not followed through on some of their commitments which has left us in a very tough spot. School starts Sept 3 and we are not sure we can get the kids enrolled by then. There are just a lot of things not going well. But we are hopeful STILL that God has a plan and we know He hasn't dropped us off in some foreign land alone. We look forward to what He has ahead for us.
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


1 comment:
All our prayers are with you all! Hang in there! An encouragement package is on the way (with a little bit of chocolate)!
sheri
Post a Comment