Well, we're on our way! Kira's itching has gone down quite a bit, though she rubbed her face on the carpet so hard she scratched her eye and got an infection in it. Thankfully I had everything we needed to treat it at home since that same thing happened back in CO. The less I have to take her in to the vet the better, ack germs! Is it just me or do kids/pets/people get sicker when they visit a hospital?
Meal times are interesting around here, I've had to prep her main meal in the middle of the afternoon. It requires so much cooking from scratch but I know it will be worth it in the end. She's now able to eat without itching as long as I take them out front right afterward and distract her with a walk or some sun bathing. She had one incident of digestive ick-ness last night but someone little (who shall remain nameless) admitted that they snuck her a Dorito. BAD DORITOS!!! After a nice bath she was back to her normal doggie self.
And as evidenced by the above picture I have to give Kyla 'treat' food as well or we have issues. They have been close together for a few days now and Kyla is never far behind Kira, but I'm making a real effort to separate them a bit and take Kyla out to run/chase her ball every night. I think we all need a break from the constant watch once in a while and Kira seems to like the space to rest.
We finally heard back from the surgery center that our surgeon is on vacation this week and is back on Monday. She's supposed to get me an estimate then and we'll schedule it either next week or the week after. That is fine with me as it gives me a chance to make a few more dollars to put towards the surgery.
Please pray that Kira rests well this week and does not get any type of infection (ear, yeast, eye, bladder) so she is in top shape for the surgery.
Thanks guys!!


No comments:
Post a Comment