Thursday, October 28, 2010

10 Weeks Post Surgery

I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 months since Kira had surgery! She's doing well overall, though this week has fallen prey to an infection. She's on the mend and her quick rebound was a really good confirmation that she's handling the cancer pretty well. I'm still choosing to believe that the tumor removed was the original site and that no other areas have been affected.

She has her good days and bad days, but mostly good! I think she's aging well considering what she's endured and her sweet spirit still shines. I've noticed that she gets tired more often, but when she is awake she is ready to go!

As I start preparing to celebrate the fall holidays I've taken a little more time to include the pets, mostly because I am sad when I think about them not being here anymore. They really are a huge part of our family and an extremely huge part of my daily life. Moving around so much has been hard for me and I know they've been a true blessing in keeping me positive and giving me a focus away from myself.

I'll hopefully post pictures from this coming weekend of our Halloween trick-or-treat escapade -- Kira and Kyla are going to be pumpkins!

No comments: