Saturday, February 21, 2009

Give Me a Revelation

Dear Friends,

So many times over the last few months I've prayed and asked God to show Himself to me during a difficult moment. EVERY time I have asked that He has obliged and done so through song. I've posted before some of the ones that we've begun to cling to lately and today was no exception so I'm posting it again! Friends, if there is one thing I can do during this hard time (for us and for everyone) it is to proclaim that God is real and that He is in control of our life if we ask Him to be.

Today we got a letter from Qimonda stating that they have had to make some hard choices and the are rescinding their offer to pay for continued health care coverage as of Feb 28th. Honestly, we were quite stunned because we expected it to be a letter saying "sorry about that big end of production bonus we promised but it ain't comin'!". We both felt very angry and of course worried that now we'd have to figure out how to afford $1,008 a month to pay for insurance. Or maybe we become one of the millions of people who simply CAN'T afford insurance? Either way we were again knocked to our knees and left crying out "What do we do now?"

So tonight after the kids were asleep I did my usual Saturday night routine of making a menu and grocery list and happened to check our bank balance to make sure I knew where I stood before going to the store tomorrow. There were two deposits there from unemployment, one from Friday which I knew about and a new one supposed to post on Monday. I had to look three times before I reached for my calculator and added them up. But I knew before I even did that what the amount would be. I knew that it would add up to $1,008 because I had just prayed to the One who knows my needs before I do to show me how to pay that bill.

$680.40 + $327.60 = $1,008.00

I don't believe that's a coincidence. I closed my lists and thanked Him for His faithfulness, His goodness, His mercy, His LOVE for my and for my family. He WILL show us the way. He WILL guide us through this insanity. He WILL bless us if we continue to acknowledge Him in all our ways. He WILL direct our path.

I hope you look forward to hearing just how He chooses to do that, I know I do!!

With Hope,
Cathi

No comments: