Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Made it Another Week!

It has been another week of heartache and blessings. While we still are without any interviews, we have come through another week with our bills paid and our children blissfully unaware that we are struggling. That in itself is a true blessing. I never want my children to feel the pressures of adult responsibility, I work very hard to protect their childhood and give them a sense of security. But I am also quick to point out God's guidance and blessings along the way.

Most nights at dinner we do our "Best and Worst" moments of the day. The kids like to do it, especially Tenley, and it really gives us something to talk about besides table manners! It also provides a lot of good conversation about how God can be a part of our daily life. He can help us with a problem we are having, or be there when we're scared, or give us direction when we're confused. Lately Nate and I have been mentioning the job a bit more during these talks because, well, it has been our main focus of the day. The kids know that Daddy is home looking for a new job and that we are probably going to move. And I like that they hear us praise God for giving Nate phone interviews or lots of job listings that day. Won't it be neat to show the kids how great God is when He provides that perfect job? It will prove to them in a tangible way that God is in control, and that is a very cool lesson to learn!

So tonight's "Best" thing of the day was an impromptu trip to Maymont, a free nature park in Richmond. The weather was summer-like and I felt like getting out of the house so we packed a picnic and headed there after preschool. They have a Children's Farm and Devan was dying to see "my horses" (which he's never seen in real life before). He had to wear his horse shirt, cowboy hat and boots of course!

It gave us all a chance to be free and gave Shea a great platform to finish his unit study on plants. I just laid around in the sun and shot pictures! Enjoy!!

PS - The kids helped take some pictures so that explains the blurry ones!! Click on the slideshow if you want to see it larger.

No comments: