Nate took Shea and Ten to the beach today. Too cold for swimming, but he has a knack for finding great shell beaches and they always have a great time driving around creation with Daddy. Devan and I opted to stay home and get some much needed cleaning done as well as have some mama/baby alone time. Everyone just needs a break from the routine of being together 24-7.
Well, bad news is we were denied our unemployment benefits extension. This means we have a little less than 5 weeks before we are going to need to be bringing in a decent salary. I think we're both freaked out to say the least. I have applied everywhere from retail to grocery to office jobs with no luck. My business is too new to support us, although it is doing well so far. Nate had some good leads come in late Friday afternoon about two jobs and we've decided he should try to at least get a technician position in the semiconductor industry for now. At least he'll be relevant and current in the technology, plus it makes more per hour than anything else he'd get. That is, IF they hire him somewhere.
I know my recent posts haven't been all that lovely and uplifting. Unemployment isn't very fun. But something I have felt lately is that it really isn't about the job or the money or paying the bills. Yes, those things are important and we have an obligation to do them, but they don't define us as people. Our job isn't who we are, our money isn't what we're worth. Does it make me feel sad that we are struggling again financially? Yes. Am I proud that despite all of the hardships we've endured in the last 10 years that Nate and I are still together, loving one another and raising a family together? You'd better believe it! And it's nothing that we have done ourselves. God protects our marriage and our family each day because we ask him to. Look at the "stars" of Jon & Kate Plus 8 for example. In the beginning they had little money but seemed to be happy and work as a team. Now with millions of dollars, a brand new mansion filled with new furniture and clothes and money and stuff....they have lost sight of what was most valuable to begin with. Each other, their kids, their family.
If I never send my child to college, if I never have more than a hundred bucks in savings, if I never buy another house or go on a real vacation, may I always remember what is valuable in this life.
God will provide our daily needs. Just you watch and see!
And now I'm off to critique my hubby's newly rewritten resume and play with my baby boy while folding laundry and making Enveloping products. Cause you know, I'm talented that way!
Kids birthday party
16 years ago


1 comment:
You're my heroes, Tess! All 5 of you!
gil
Post a Comment