Friday, September 3, 2010

Get back to nature!

I'm writing about our journey through canine cancer in hopes that it will help someone else as they scour the internet for information. Dogcancer.net receives my highest recommendation! We've invested in K9 Immunity and are following the grain-free diet with fish oil supplement. We use Taste of the Wild dry kibble as well as canned food, though I'm getting ready to make their homemade patty recipe which I think will be cheaper in the end.

Another recommendation is a wonderful holistic vet by the name of Dr. Shawn Messonnier. He was Kira's vet when she was diagnosed with parvo virus at 2 months old. She was literally on death's door and we were told by another vet to take her home and let her pass. I found Dr. Messonnier and with homeopathy, supplements and a good diet Kira literally came back to us that same day. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I never would have believed it. That experience is what led me to use homeopathy for myself and eventually for my children as well.

I turned to Dr. Messonier once again through his books on cancer, you can find the list on his website and pick them up at your local library! He gives sound advice from both the medical standpoint and a holistic, natural standpoint.

Above all I want people to know something I have learned through some very hard experiences - no one has the right to tell you what you can and can't do when it comes to your health or the health of a loved one. Taking control of our diet and health is one of the best feelings we can have. Never, ever give up hope!!

No comments: