Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break Day 3

Day 3 was kind of long, but ended with an early bedtime so that was nice! The kids had gotten a little stir crazy so I planned some outings to Three Lake Park which has a new playground, picnic tables and a nature center. The kids love the nature center and fed the ducks, looked at all the displays of animals and spent a lot of time at the Identifying Stations. Shea absolutely LOVES anything that is classified or organized into groups so learning bird migration paths, animal tracks, leaves, etc. was right up his alley.

Now, you'd think that 3 hours of running around outside would tire them out, but apparently not. It was chilly here and windy so I'd had enough of the cold. I had brought snacks with us so after a mini-lunch we headed to a dreaded indoor playplace. Thankfully it was empty and they played another hour or so before we headed home.

Nate had finished up work by the time we were home and I got to have my afternoon to myself to run errands. He's been very kind to let me have a break most Wednesday afternoons to be alone with my thoughts. Or just be alone with the silence. It's wonderful! We're making an effort to stick together during this really hard time because I fear that if we don't make it a priority to be partners and share the load equally that we will self-destruct. One person can only carry the load for so long before they need a break. I try to check in on him a few times a day, feed him, water him, that sort of thing. You know, treat him like a plant! Just kidding.

God has been so good to us during this time of unemployment. We see each day as a blessing, one more day we are all together as a family. Money will come and go, but if we can just keep focusing on how much hope there is in each day we can get through it. Hold on to hope, friends!

1 comment:

debr said...

so proud of you guys! people from her that read the blog tell me how inspired they are at the way you are handling this!